- Download the latest version of Git from the Git Project Home
- If there is no specific version for Lion, the version for Snow Leopard works just fine.
- Open the .dmg file you downloaded
- Run the package
- Restart your computer
- Download and Install the Java Software Development Kit (SDK).
- log on to http://developer.apple.com
- Search for “Java for Mac OS X 10.7 Developer ” on the downloads page
- Download and Install the latest. This will be a .pkg type install (not click and drag)
- Install Grails
- Go to http://grails.org/Download
- Download the “Binary Zip” under the current release.
- Unzip the downloaded file, and move to /Applications/Dev (or wherever you like), take note of the directory name.
- Add Environment Variables
- Open/Create /etc/launchd.conf
sudo nano /etc/launchd.conf
- Add the following lines: (make sure to reference the proper directory names)
setenv JAVA_HOME /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/[VERSION].jdk/Contents/Home setenv GRAILS_HOME /Applications/Dev/[GRAILS VERSION]
- Save and Exit
- Add execute permissions
sudo chmod +x /etc/launchd.conf
- Append reference to the grails /bin directory to the path
- Create a new path file
sudo nano /etc/paths.d/grails
- Insert the following lines
- Save and Exit
- Restart the computer
“Old Friends” would be more accurate, I guess. Robin Dunbar suggested that a person can only maintain about 150 social relationships at one time. These shoes account for two of my best friends.
These past few weeks have been pretty difficult for me. I mean, my shoes and I have been together for about six years. They were with me when I met my wife. We experienced Disney World for the first time together. And Disney Land. And Disney World again. They were with me when my daughter was born, and then my son. I can’t count how many steps we’ve taken or stairs we’ve climbed. These shoes have been with me more hours than any other possession I have owned. Ever. It really feels like two of my best friends are leaving me.
Then I found these:
Here’s to the next six years.